We are committed to promoting a clean environment and minimizing our environmental footprint. We apply this philosophy to both our products and our manufacturing processes.
- Promote the use of wood as a renewable and sustainable building material
- Use only raw material from timber harvested from certified sustainably managed timberlands
- Measure and mitigate the environmental impacts of our manufacturing process
- Meet or exceed all environmental regulations regarding waste material
- Utilize waste fibre as biofuel
- Incorporate environmental aspects in our product development
When required, our products are manufactured with FSC certification. In addition, all of our products are engineered with low VOC, exterior grade adhesives which contain no added urea-formaldehyde. Both of these characteristics are valued by LEED® and other green building systems.
Build with Wood
Forests play a key role regarding the climate because they absorb carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and store the carbon in the trees. The faster the forests grow, the more carbon dioxide they absorb. A recent study by Mid Sweden University compared two buildings – one built with wood, the other with concrete. Over 100 years, the net carbon dioxide emissions from the concrete building were 96 tons. The wood building had no emissions; in fact, it had a net uptake of 150 tons of carbon dioxide!
Wood also offers more product for less energy. Compare the amount of energy it takes to produce one ton of cement, glass, steel, or aluminum to one ton of wood:
- 5 times more energy for one ton of cement
- 14 times more energy for one ton of glass
- 24 times more energy for one ton of steel
- 126 times more energy for one ton of aluminum
Help Save the Planet - Build with Wood.